Google
 
Web www.scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

This is the true story of scientific child prodigy, and former baby genius, Ainan Celeste Cawley, written by his father. It is the true story, too, of his gifted brothers and of all the Cawley family. I write also of child prodigy and genius in general: what it is, and how it is so often neglected in the modern world. As a society, we so often fail those we should most hope to see succeed: our gifted children and the gifted adults they become. Site Copyright: Valentine Cawley, 2006 +

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Being a daddy: parenting highs.

Tonight I got home late after some business I had to attend to. When I returned, Ainan Celeste Cawley, six, was still up, drawing a diagram of a new type of building, and modelling it in wood. Everyone else was in bed.

I went upstairs to my wife and found her still awake. "Guess what?" she prompted.

"What?"

"Tiarnan fell asleep clutching his hands together...and later he began to dream of you, for as he slept, he said: "Daddy, daddy, daddy!", in his sleep."

Tiarnan Hasyl Cawley is nine months old now...and it seems that, having missed me in the evening, he dreamt of me at night in compensation.

It is the little things that people do that show us what people think of us. In so dreaming, he told me more than he could say of what he feels. I felt - and feel - touched. Moments such as this are what sustains a Daddy: they are a nourishment those without children never know. Though at times it is demanding to be a father of three - I never feel other than happy to be so.

Have a good day.

(For further posts on Tiarnan and his gifted brothers, Ainan Celeste Cawley, six, a scientific child prodigy, and Fintan Nadym Cawley, a natural leader and brave boy, go to:
http://scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com/2006/10/scientific-child-prodigy-guide.html )

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
posted by Valentine Cawley @ 1:39 AM 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful post....

Mamita

11:59 AM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Thank you Mamita. It was a beautiful moment...so I had to write of it.

Kind regards

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape