Google
 
Web www.scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

This is the true story of scientific child prodigy, and former baby genius, Ainan Celeste Cawley, written by his father. It is the true story, too, of his gifted brothers and of all the Cawley family. I write also of child prodigy and genius in general: what it is, and how it is so often neglected in the modern world. As a society, we so often fail those we should most hope to see succeed: our gifted children and the gifted adults they become. Site Copyright: Valentine Cawley, 2006 +

Friday, December 22, 2006

Why marry a caucasian?

My wife, who is asian has the answer, as she told me yesterday: "How else would I have someone large to carry the heavy boxes?"

It seems I have a purpose at last!

The situation arose in preparations for my sister-in-law's wedding: there were a number of large boxes that no-one in my extended, asian family, was able to lift - and so I was asked to do so. It was funny that simple exertion could bring amusement to all concerned.

Labels: , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
posted by Valentine Cawley @ 6:36 PM 

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your wife...as that is one of the reasons I just got engaged...That and and I get piggyback rides as well due to my shortness in stature and his height. :)

From all your blog posts, you do enjoy a very loving family. Congrats to you on finding your sanctuary.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Thank you. I have, indeed, found my personal sanctuary. The world is a much better place, for me, since I founded this family. The life of a father is far richer than the life of any bachelor. There is something they miss, which they can never understand, until they have become a Daddy.

Good luck on your forthcoming marriage and may you, too, one day, enjoy a loving family.

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I enjoyed reading around 30 entries of your blog. Congratulations on having a wonderful family. I am so amazed by Ainan’s intelligence. I also admire a lot of things about you such as your way of raising a family, your way of teaching your students, your principles, your intelligence (of course!), etc.

I would just like to ask one question, which is absolutely NOT related to this post. Hehe. Please don’t be offended, but I just wanna ask if you do believe in God. I haven’t read your entire blog so I don’t know if you have an entry about religion or anything related to it. My question may be inappropriate, but I’m just curious. You may not answer. It’s OK. (But I suppose that you’re a Catholic since you were born of Irish parents. I am a Catholic and I have nothing against other religions. I’m just plain curious, that’s why I’m asking hehe.)

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape