Google
 
Web www.scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

This is the true story of scientific child prodigy, and former baby genius, Ainan Celeste Cawley, written by his father. It is the true story, too, of his gifted brothers and of all the Cawley family. I write also of child prodigy and genius in general: what it is, and how it is so often neglected in the modern world. As a society, we so often fail those we should most hope to see succeed: our gifted children and the gifted adults they become. Site Copyright: Valentine Cawley, 2006 +

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Searching for a tutor

Contrary to what people might think, Ainan has never had a tutor: his chemistry knowledge is a product of his own study and a little help from me.

However, recently, he has developed an interest in mathematics. Now, it is a long time since I studied maths - too, too long. So I was left with a choice: relearn maths alongside and teach him as I recovered old skills - or find him a professional tutor.

Yesterday, we met one such tutor. He was affable, passionate about maths, dedicated to it - taught it seven days a week - in most ways he seemed an ideal choice. There was just one sticking point. The price.

So, I am back to my original position. Either I relearn maths and teach Ainan myself - or engage a tutor. The only problem is finding one who chooses to be affordable. I have an idea therefore. Do you know of a good, dedicated maths tutor, living in Singapore, who would like to teach Ainan maths (to a high level) pro bono? (Or at least affordably?)

If you know of any such generous soul - please write to me with their contact information. Thanks.

Labels: , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
posted by Valentine Cawley @ 12:56 AM 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about EPGY math? Look at http://epgy.stanford.edu/ This is probably more affordable than a tutor and financial aid is available if you need it.

3:29 AM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into it...and leave the link here for others to consider, too.

Best wishes

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape