Google
 
Web www.scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

This is the true story of scientific child prodigy, and former baby genius, Ainan Celeste Cawley, written by his father. It is the true story, too, of his gifted brothers and of all the Cawley family. I write also of child prodigy and genius in general: what it is, and how it is so often neglected in the modern world. As a society, we so often fail those we should most hope to see succeed: our gifted children and the gifted adults they become. Site Copyright: Valentine Cawley, 2006 +

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The dream of a genius.

Geniuses dream whilst they are awake. Thus it is that they are more asleep than everyone else.

(If you would like to learn more of Ainan Celeste Cawley, 10, or his gifted brothers, Fintan, 6 and Tiarnan, 4, this month, please go to: http://scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com/2006/10/scientific-child-prodigy-guide.htmlI also write of gifted education, child prodigy, child genius, adult genius, savant, megasavant, HELP University College, the Irish, the Malays, Singapore, Malaysia, IQ, intelligence and creativity.

You can get my blog on your Kindle, for easy reading, wherever you are, by going to:http://www.amazon.com/Boy-Who-Knew-Too-Much/dp/B0042P5LEE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1284603792&sr=8-1

Please let all your fellow Kindlers know about my blog availability - and if you know my blog well enough, please be so kind as to write a thoughtful review of what you like about it. Thanks.

My Internet Movie Database listing is at: http://imdb.com/name/nm3438598/

Ainan's IMDB listing is at http://imdb.com/name/nm3305973/

Syahidah's IMDB listing is at http://imdb.com/name/nm3463926/

Our editing, proofreading and copywriting company, Genghis Can, is at http://www.genghiscan.com/

This blog is copyright Valentine Cawley. Unauthorized duplication is prohibited. Use only with permission. Thank you.)

Labels: , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
posted by Valentine Cawley @ 11:51 AM 

2 Comments:

Blogger tearsunderstars said...

Mr Cawley,

Would you care to elaborate? I felt that there is a side to me that has yet to fully awaken. I don't even know whether I'm a genius or not, but I dream a lot. People tell me that I fantasize too much, and it isn't good because I won't be able to face reality. But I'm very used to the fact that fantasy and reality always differ, and dreams are something that I can't really control. It's a realm that I escape to when reality turns ugly.

Regards

12:06 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Hi Tearsunderstars,

I am heartened to hear that you are dreamer - for all things new, come from such people. To imagine something that is not (yet) is to do what all geniuses must do, before their ideas become reality. However, fantasizing, is a different activity, if it has no application to reality - which can be the case.

I don't think geniuses fantasize so much as ENVISION. That is, they see in their minds, possible worlds, possible futures, possible creations that are not yet, but could be, if they make the effort.

It is good to have a defense against ugly reality that is harmless. Some resort to drink or drugs to do the same thing. Your way is healthier.

It appears that you may not be understood by the people around you. I would hope they would accept your imaginative tendencies as part of who you are - and let you be.

By the way, I was playing with words, above when I said geniuses were more "asleep" than others. I don't believe that is true. Yes, they dream, and dreaming is associated with sleep - but I actually think that geniuses are the only people who are truly awake: for they see and sense the world deeply and understand just how they could make it different, by their thoughts.

Be happy in yourself and do not worry too much what others think. I never did - nor should you.

Best wishes.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape