Google
 
Web www.scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com

The boy who knew too much: a child prodigy

This is the true story of scientific child prodigy, and former baby genius, Ainan Celeste Cawley, written by his father. It is the true story, too, of his gifted brothers and of all the Cawley family. I write also of child prodigy and genius in general: what it is, and how it is so often neglected in the modern world. As a society, we so often fail those we should most hope to see succeed: our gifted children and the gifted adults they become. Site Copyright: Valentine Cawley, 2006 +

Saturday, October 23, 2010

The secret of Daddy's tummy.

Fintan has a whimsical sense of humour, that tends to ambush you when you least expect it.

Today, over dinner, Fintan, seven, looked over at his Daddy, and remarked: "Daddy has a baby in his tummy...". That, in itself, was a not inaccurate description of my shape, however before I had time to reply, he continued: "It is four years old, now."

Thank you, Fintan, I am not THAT big.

My thoughts were drowned by the laughter of all around the table, including, reflexively, myself.

So, now you know just why I am the way I am. I am carrying a preschooler in my tummy!

(If you would like to learn more of Ainan Celeste Cawley, 10, or his gifted brothers, Fintan, 6 and Tiarnan, 4, this month, please go to: http://scientific-child-prodigy.blogspot.com/2006/10/scientific-child-prodigy-guide.htmlI also write of gifted education, child prodigy, child genius, adult genius, savant, megasavant, HELP University College, the Irish, the Malays, Singapore, Malaysia, IQ, intelligence and creativity.

You can get my blog on your Kindle, for easy reading, wherever you are, by going to: http://www.amazon.com/Boy-Who-Knew-Too-Much/dp/B0042P5LEE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&m=AG56TWVU5XWC2&s=digital-text&qid=1284603792&sr=8-1

Please let all your fellow Kindlers know about my blog availability - and if you know my blog well enough, please be so kind as to write a thoughtful review of what you like about it. Thanks.

My Internet Movie Database listing is at: http://imdb.com/name/nm3438598/

Ainan's IMDB listing is at http://imdb.com/name/nm3305973/

Syahidah's IMDB listing is at http://imdb.com/name/nm3463926/

Our editing, proofreading and copywriting company, Genghis Can, is at http://www.genghiscan.com/

This blog is copyright Valentine Cawley. Unauthorized duplication is prohibited. Use only with permission. Thank you.)

Labels: , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
posted by Valentine Cawley @ 9:06 PM 

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so cute! He is a cheeky little boy! :-)

Is there a way for me to be alerted on Livejournal or via e-mail when you respond to one of my comments? Sometimes I like to comment on more than one of your entries on the same day. I find that going back to each one to see where I commented takes too long but I might like to respond and discuss the topic some more.

Kind regards,
Maria

2:57 AM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Yes, he is cheeky...but very engaging, too.

Re. alerts. I am sorry but I have no idea how to do that. It would be a good facility however.

I suggest you make a little note of which post you commented on...and check back after a day or two. That is all I can propose, sorry.

Thank you Maria.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, Valentine, for your response. Livejournal and many other forums offer these comment notices, so I thought it would be a good idea if blogger offered them, too. I'm glad you agree. I shall look around on Livejournal, when I have some time, if they do offer that possibility. They are pretty advanced as far as these things are concerned. Until then, I will make a note of the posts. Thank you for the tip.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Funnily enough, Maria, this is the third time I am trying to post this comment, because each time I have tried to post I have lost my comment. There are glitches in the blogger interface and how it accepts comments.

I know how to get blogger to update me on comments...but I don't know how to do that for anyone else. I have an idea though: it allows me to send comments to myself when I am signed in. Maybe if you were signed in with blogger, you could get it to send to you by choosing the option it presents at the bottom of the comment post before you post. Please try it.

Thanks for your comment. Good luck on sorting this out.

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Valentine,

I'm sorry you lost your comment many times. I'm glad it worked in the end. I always expect something like that so I copy any text before sending it.

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I was going to try it and create a blogger account but then I had another idea.

Since I use Livejournal already I thought I would try to add your blog to the syndicated feed list via Livejournal. Since this can only be done by paid users I asked a friend to do this for me. She added your blog to the Livejournal syndicated feed list, and I subscribed to it.

I had already set up an RSS feed to your blog via my browser's bookmarks but now I get notifications straight to my inbox when you post a new entry. I can also reply via Livejournal. It looks like a great feature. I only added the feed today so I hope that it will work.

Best wishes,
Maria

5:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you would like to see it, this is the link: http://syndicated.livejournal.com/child_prodigies (Child Prodigy was already taken).

The fact that you stopped anonymous posting gave me the chance to discover all of this interesting information. Thanks! :-)

5:21 AM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Thank you for letting me know, Maria, of your livejournal solution.

Are these syndicated feeds popular with livejournal users? Will having my blog listed as a feed mean it will attract subscribers...or are you likely to be the only one who knows of it?

It seems that livejournal has some interesting functions.

I hope it works out for you.

(Let me know if it does).

Best wishes

10:41 AM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

I checked out the link, Maria...it is funny to see my work presented in that way. I wonder if anyone will subscribe? (Is there any way of knowing how many people are subscribing to it?)

Kind regards

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that these syndicated feeds are very popular with Livejournal users. The top feeds have many readers.

If you follow the link that I gave you previously, and click on "syndication information" you will see the profile for your blog's Livejournal feed. At the moment there are two readers.

It looks like it's not possible - at least not for free users - to search for specific feeds. However, I posted the information that this feed was created to this community: http://community.livejournal.com/syn_promo/

4:09 AM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Thanks Laktosefrei, for posting my feed in the community at livejournal. I did notice quite a few people having a look from livejournal about the time you did that.

Hopefully, I will pick up some new readers as a result.

Much appreciated.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Valentine Cawley said...

Laktosefrei: it is a pity people can't search for particular feeds on livejournal: that would be a good feature. Perhaps in the future?

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape